Thursday, May 28, 2009

Into The Great Wide Open


I was at work today when DH actually witnessed the first little one leap from the nest, to the top of the fence, and from there...who knows? It was gone by the time he got back with his camera. It was a good time to go: there was a gentle drizzle all day, so neighborhood cats were not on the prowl, and I kept Fiona confined to the garage; with a little luck, the brave one is stashed someplace safe. Above, the remaining two appear apprehensive. One of them will probably leave tomorrow. (I'll bet it's the one giving me the fisheye...)

4 comments:

Clytie said...

What a wonderful thing to see first hand! The other two really do look a little pensive ... maybe the third one is chirping little messages about what the world is like!

Beth Niquette said...

I tell ya, I'm on the edge of my seat. I have SO enjoyed this series of real-life drama. And so beautifully photographed, too...

Thank you so much for sharing! They are SO cute!

Anne Marie said...

Under the skies so blue (rather cloudy and misty actually.) Maybe you ought to take some birdernity leave for the next week or so to keep an eye on the little fellers.

Sharon Kugler said...

Mah references: you getz dem!