Friday, May 8, 2009

Blue On Blue

After a solid week of rain, unfortunate accidents, and then some very sad news yesterday, it was a balm to see the sun this morning. All the neighborhood birds were on the move, fanning out across the yards looking for food, and chasing one another across the street in midair. From the kitchen window I watched a bird fly into the blue spruce next to the house. It sat there; I could just see its head. It didn't fly out again. This, I discovered, is why:


It's about six feet up in the tree, which is, itself, only seven feet tall. Once again, the vari-angle display on my Canon point-and-shoot was invaluable in obtaining the shot. You can't see the eggs from the ground; I had to hold the camera way above my head and shoot down. Yes, the morning light is harsh around the edges. I'll try to do better next time, if there is a next time. I don't want to scare off the 'rents.

2 comments:

Clytie said...

All I can say is "wow". What an awesome photo! And to have gotten it over your head? Well I am in awe!

I hope your week goes better, and that your weekend is blessed.

Beth Niquette said...

I'm sorry to hear you have sad news. I'll be praying for you. ((hugs))

And...(gasp) how amazingly beautiful this photo is! Ah, how absolutely lovely. It fills my eyes--which, as you know, is the greatest compliment I can give.

Take care, dear friend--I'm with Clytie, I hope your week goes better, and that this Mother's Day weekend is a blessing to you.