Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gone Baby Gone


In fact, they've been gone for days and days now, I've just been neglectful. Having resolved this year not to bother them five times a day like last year, the time just flew (ha ha) by, and I never saw even one of the three leave the nest like last year. I don't see them around the way I saw the juvies last year being fed on the ground, and then gradually on branches higher and higher up until their flight skills improved. Hope the new guys are making out okay, wherever they are.

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

What a poignantly lovely photography.

Clytie said...

Sigh, it's almost like seeing a friend move away!

My little wren friends are gone too. I was sad until I went for a walk the other day, and had 3 wrens land on the trees around me and chirp. Then they followed me for a while, just talking. I'm convinced they remembered my voice, and were the same ones I watched from eggs to fly-away!