Monday, June 14, 2010

Always A Trip, This Flower


All of a sudden, three foxglove plants sprang up not far from where I planted one four years ago. Volunteers!

3 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

It's beautiful! Isn't this the one that's poisonous?

Sharon said...

Like hundreds of other common plants, yes, digitalis is toxic; don't eat any part of it. A few people will even be sensitive to touching the plant.

Clytie said...

I absolutely adore foxgloves. When we were kids we used to pick the flowers and put them on our fingers so we could wear 'fox gloves'. I don't think I would let my kids do that now, knowing about digitalis!