Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Small Surprise In The Stacks

"God prosper and illuminate all who read this"

That's how John B. Keane, a wonderful modern Irish writer, inscribed this copy of his play Big Maggie to our library. I wasn't there, of course, this all happened in...what does that say, there, 1987? Wait a minute, I was here then, we didn't host John Keane here.

Hrm. Is it strange to be a little upset that I might have missed something, when it happened twenty-two years before I even found out about it? I'll have to ask around.

2 comments:

Clytie said...

What a unique find! I sure hope you unravel this mystery -- and keep us informed of what you find!!!
Good luck!

Neil J Murphy said...

Well, if they arrested him for vandalizing the books, perhaps the local precinct has an incident report....