Friday, June 1, 2018

What's YOUR Superpower?


Birds: Can fly


 Some Insects: Can walk on water


This Squirrel: Has Super-cuteness

 
It occurred to me the other day that I have a couple of superpowers.*

You, too, probably have at least one.
   
     The trick to recognizing your superpower, I think, is to realize that it is never going to be something as high-profile as, let's say, X-Ray vision, or telekinesis, or the ability to fly. No, nothing like that. It's going to be commonplace, mundane even. But super-useful!

    I have two:

1. I can always get a good parking space, whether I am the driver or a passenger. If we are meeting you at a restaurant, I will get the space in front of the entrance door, or at worst, the spot right-around-the-corner-not-two-steps-away. If I am a passenger in your car, follow my cryptic instructions to "turn here" or "go around again" or "wait one minute and look about you,"  and you will get a good space, trust me.
    Friends enjoy this power of mine, but I don't mind parking far away, so it's not my favorite. My favorite is:

2. I always know about what time it is, within a quarter hour at most. And no, not because I wear a watch or carry a phone. I will be able to tell you what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night, when we've been walking around the museum all day, when we've been at the beach for hours and hours, when we've been waiting at a bus stop for what feels like forever ...anytime. That's my favorite because I don't wear a watch anymore, and sometimes I forget my phone. So it's super-useful.

*My superpowers do NOT include keeping this journal up-to-date.

No comments: