Saturday, December 1, 2012

A New Visitor!

Sosixmonthswentbylikethatandthen...
I put out some black sunflower seeds today, and everybody stopped by to check out the feeder. (I guess they were tired of the strictly-safflower-seed diet I had them on. But safflower is the only seed the squirrels will leave alone. And, it's good for them.) So the blue jays and the black-capped chickadees investigated, the mourning doves and juncos joined the party on ground-level, and the finches and sparrows indignantly flew around, chattering about how this was their turf. So funny. Then, this guy showed up:

 
                                                                                          
We've had downy woodpeckers around since I starting using suet a couple years ago, but this is the first red-bellied woodpecker I've noticed. So big and colorful!



 

No comments: