Friday, March 19, 2010

How's My Hair?


The music of chainsaws fills the air every day now, and will for some time to come.
It was a week ago already, that mighty wind on Saturday. It took down half a dozen 30- to 40-foot evergreens around the block, but spared us any harm. A gigantic branch from a neighbor's tree broke off and fell onto our garage roof, but remained supported by a lower limb, so the roof was undamaged. Our good ol' brother-in-law Newman came over with a power tool; he and Ken climbed onto the garage roof, and I stayed inside and kept them from falling off by concentrating very, very hard. I did not take pictures of that. We did lose a piece of downspout,(I think) and/or a length of leader pipe from the gutters. Something unexciting like that.
Elsewhere, just across the street and down the block, there was much more damage:







I think contractors and landscapers will have a very good season this year.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Ohmigosh! I had no idea! Did you lose power for very long? Wow, the images are startling!!!

I'm so glad you kept your guys safe by concentrating - hard. It looks like it worked!!!

Blessings to you this weekend - I hope your weather is cooperating in the clean-up.

Neil J Murphy said...

Is that first picture on South Brush Drive?

The last one is South Drive.

Sharon Kugler said...

Yup, the top one is South Brush Drive, the second is the ranch house across the street, and the 3rd and 4th are South Drive.